Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Breast milk pops

I think Bentley is starting the first phase of teething! We are still breastfeeding exclusively but I wanted to give him something that he could enjoy.  I made these little breast milk treats for him the other day and he seemed to really like them. They are also super easy!

Here is what you will need:



Step one:
Pump, I pumped 5oz
 

step two:
Pour your milk into a ice cube mold. I found mine at Target in the dollar aisle, I like these ones because the shapes are very small.

step three:
Put them in the freezer. It took mine about an hour to freeze completely.

step four:
Enjoy! I put mine in the little mesh feeding bags and would highly recamond doing it that way.



step five:
Put the rest into a labeled Ziploc bag. I would assume you can fallow normal guidelines for frozen breast milk, so they should be good for 3-6 months. I'm sure we will go through them much faster then that though!

No comments:

Post a Comment