Monday, February 11, 2013

Felt heart Valentines Day banner

As a new mom I'm especially excited for the chance to have a whole day to be over the top romantic with my hubby, to dress up in a pretty dress, and to leave the babe at home for a night on the town. We aren't technically going out on a fancy date or anything like that this year but I do plan on making the day ooey gooey romantic. I found the idea for this sweet heart banner on, you guessed it, pinterest. It is a super simple, fun, and adorable project for Valentines day. Felt is very easy to work with and fairly cheap as well

Choose your felt - lots of people will only buy 100% wool felt but I found it to be too expensive ($14.99/yard) so I stuck with a mixed felt.


Cut out your hearts - I didn't use a pattern or anything. A simple way to make symmetrical hearts is to simply fold your felt in half and cut 1/2 of a heart right on the edge, open to reveal the whole heart

Sew your hearts together - Originally I was planning on sewing my hearts together top to bottom rather than side to side. I quickly realized this wouldn't work due to the differing size and shapes of the hearts so I went with side to side. Begin by placing one heart under the presser foot and sewing all the way across the width of the heart, adding another heart before you come to the end of the first.

Hang and enjoy!



xoxo-Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment