Alright, well since Leah blogged about traveling with a baby and Hannah blogged about traveling with a toddler, I thought I would take this time to blog about traveling while pregnant! I was lucky enough to go to Hawaii this past summer to visit my sister and brother-in-law. At the time, I was 30 weeks pregnant. Some advice I'd give you is:
1. Make sure to check with your doctor! Mine was so laid back and told me to go and have a great time. Some I've heard are not as lenient, so make sure you discuss it with him/her first.
2. Bring a note form your doctor telling the airlines that you are free to travel. This is especially true if your really showing! The airline I traveled didn't even ask for mine but I'm glad I had it. Better safe then sorry, right?!
3. Get an aisle set! your going to want to stretch and walk around the plane, especially if it's a long flight. Not to mention your going to be up and down having to use the bathroom;). Also make sure that your not at the back row. your set will NOT recline and you will be miserable! when I was flying home from Hawaii I was in row 7 which happened to be the last row in that section of the airplane. I spent 7 hours sitting completely upright. by the end of it I wanted to cry! So check out your airplane model and make sure your seat can recline.
4. Wear comfortable clothing! I think this is true of anyone flying but definitely when your pregnant. Make sure to layer up also. I don't know if your like me but when I was pregnant I would go from burning up to freezing cold.
5. Pack snacks! There is nothing worse then being stuck on a plane pregnant and hungry!
6. If you can, check your bag! I know it's expensive, but trust me you wont regret it especially if your traveling alone. Your already caring an extra 20lbs, you don't want to be lugging around even more!