Thursday, March 21, 2013

Airplane traveling tips {Pregnant}

Alright, well since Leah blogged about traveling with a baby and Hannah blogged about traveling with a toddler, I thought I would take this time to blog about traveling while pregnant! I was lucky enough to go to Hawaii this past summer to visit my sister and brother-in-law. At the time, I was 30 weeks pregnant. Some advice I'd give you is:

1. Make sure to check with your doctor! Mine was so laid back and told me to go and have a great time. Some I've heard are not as lenient, so make sure you discuss it with him/her first.

2. Bring a note form your doctor telling the airlines that you are free to travel. This is especially true if your really showing! The airline I traveled didn't even ask for mine but I'm glad I had it. Better safe then sorry, right?!

3. Get an aisle set! your going to want to stretch and walk around the plane, especially if it's a long flight. Not to mention your going to be up and down having to use the bathroom;). Also make sure that your not at the back row. your set will NOT recline and you will be miserable! when I was flying home from Hawaii I was in row 7 which happened to be the last row in that section of the airplane. I spent 7 hours sitting completely upright. by the end of it I wanted to cry! So check out your airplane model and make sure your seat can recline.

4. Wear comfortable clothing! I think this is true of anyone flying but definitely when your pregnant. Make sure to layer up also. I don't know if your like me but when I was pregnant I would go from burning up to freezing cold.

5. Pack snacks! There is nothing worse then being stuck on a plane pregnant and hungry!

6. If you can, check your bag! I know it's expensive, but trust me you wont regret it especially if your traveling alone. Your already caring an extra 20lbs, you don't want to be lugging around even more!


xoxo Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment