Friday, May 10, 2013

Playtime {pretend cooking with real food}


My daughter is constantly cooking up something in her play kitchen, so when I came across this idea on pinterest I knew she would love it. I gathered a bunch of random food items and put it all in a muffin tin. I then gathered some pots, measuring spoons, and water (I used an empty juice container and just added some green food coloring to make it more fun) and set it all up outside for her. She was super excited and it kept her entertained for quite a while.

 
Whatever she was going to create was not meant to be eaten (although she thought it was delicious) so I just gave her cheap ingredients that we had extra of. This is what I put out for her but obviously the possibilities are endless. 

We will definitely be doing this activity again and mixing up the ingredients and kitchen utensils next time! Also clean up was super easy outside as I just turned on the hose and let her spray everything off. It could also be done inside (check out this post by play/create/explore). I really want to find those eggs she uses for her little guy!

2 comments: