Friday, July 12, 2013

Making them feel extra special on their birthday.

So my oldest daughter turns 4 in just a couple days! I have been getting a few ideas off pinterest for her party but I have also been looking for a few simple things I can do for her throughout the day to make her feel special. She is old enough to remember things so I thought it would be fun to start some traditions and do them on her birthday every year.

Here are a few fun things that I know any kid would love:

  • decorate her door after she goes to bed the night before (maybe go all out and do something like this!)
  • make a special breakfast and give her a yummy treat or bring her breakfast in bed 
  • make a punch box for her party or do it just for her and put something fun in each hole (we did this last year for my daughters party and she hasn't stopped talking about it since)
  • make an effort to spend extra time with her during the day just playing whatever she wants to
  • let her pick out her birthday dinner and maybe even a special drink to go along with it
  • put together this amazing birthday bath for her at the end of the day
Even just doing one or two of these things for your kid would brighten her day even more. Growing up, I got to pick out my birthday dinner and I looked forward to it every year! 

Also, when my daughter turned 3 last year we started doing this with her. Each year we ask her the same questions and I write down the responses (last year we even recorded it on video so we could hear her sweet voice). I plan on putting together a book with her responses and a picture of her for each year. It will be fun to see how her answers change over the years!

 What are some traditions you did growing up or that you do for your kids on their birthday?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment