Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Take a little time out!

I think that it's so important to remember to take time to take care of yourself. As moms, sometimes we can forget that we have needs too. I wanted to share a few things that I do/use that are quick ways to make me feel good.



1. BB cream~ I was unsure of what all the rage was when it came to this new product. I had been seeing all kinds of commercials for it and wanted to try it out! For those of you that don't know BB cream is a five in one all over makeup cream. It acts as your primer, sun screen, foundation, lotion, and concealer. I LOVE this because if you don't have much time (and lets face it who does) you can put this on your face, throw some mascara on with a little lip gloss and walk out the door! So far I have tried MAC and Smashbox and I love them both.

2. Polishing my toes~ I always feel so much better when my toes are done especially in the warm months. I find it much easier to paint my toes rather then my fingers just because I don't have to be that careful while I wait for them to dry! The next time your little one is napping opt out of doing the dishes and take some time to polish your toes!

3. Tan Towels~ I know I talked about this in my previous post (here) but I thought I would mention it again! Having a tan always makes me feel better. I feel like I look skinnier and I can get away with wearing less makeup. These are so easy to use, I might just do my next post on how I do it!
 

4. Get dressed in the morning~ No seriously!!! I'm all for having sweat pant days and throwing my unwashed hair up but I always feel better when I get dressed and ready for the day. I'm more likely to leave the house because I'm not afraid of running into someone I know! Now when I say "get dressed" I don't mean that you have to get all fancy. A cute pair of yoga pants and a shirt without spit-up on it will do just fine. I also love maxi skirts and dresses, just something that allows you to look in the mirror and say "I'm one hot mama!!"

5. Call a friend~ Oh my gosh it is so therapeutic to just get on phone and chat. I always feel so much better after I've talked to friend. It's always so nice to know that your not alone in your struggles and trust me no matter what it is someone else has, is, or will be going through the same thing.       

What have you done for yourself today? And remember, don't feel guilty about taking a little time for yourself. You will be a better wife and mother for it!

xoxo- Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment