Sunday, September 15, 2013

Weekly Meals

Wow, what an exhausting week. All of the rain we have been getting here in Northern Colorado has caused some damage to our house so its been a stressful week with not much sleep for me or the hubbs. Haven't really been feeling the whole meal planning thing lately but I force myself to do it each week because a hungry mommy = disaster for all. Getting me through this evening: Christmas music on Pandora. Early? Most definitely but it always raises my spirits!


  • Crock pot beef carnitas tacos with these delicious black beans . A note for the black beans: I love making my own black beans because they are so delicious and so cheap! An easy way to do it without having your range on all day is to just soak the beans over night, drain, throw them in your crock pot and cover with water and put on low for 10 hours. 
  • Just place chicken thighs in a dutch oven with salt, pepper, a few cloves of crushed garlic, some fresh herbs (rosemary and thyme and Ah-mazing) and some olive oil. Bake at 375 until they reach an internal temp of 165
  • Vegan Shiitake mushroom gravy - don't let the vegan turn you off, the is some of the best gravy I've ever had, vegan or no. Amazing flavor from the mushrooms and so comforting for these fall days!
  • I love this Sunshine breakfast baked oatmeal recipe. I usually use a mix of berries for ours and it always turns out so yummy. Make a double batch and have leftovers for breakfast!
What are you eating this week?

xoxo-Leah


No comments:

Post a Comment