Sunday, September 22, 2013

4 Ingredient Homemade Salsa

Continuing the theme from a few weeks ago, I thought I would share another super easy recipe to use up some produce from your garden. Not only is it easy but it is seriously amazing. I have made it three times already since discovering the recipe two weeks ago. I am trying not to think about the bags of chips my husband and I have gone through while eating it... eeek!

The best part is that it only requires 4 ingredients:
  • ~ 6 medium tomatoes
  • 2 Tbls. garlic salt
  • 1 jalapenos pepper
  • 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro
You can adjust the amount of tomatoes or peppers based on your personal preference. If you make it and it is too spicy just throw in another tomato or two. Alternately if you like it super hot you could add another pepper... I will just warn you though that we like it spicy and one pepper is plenty (but of course some peppers are spicier than others).
 
First, turn your oven onto broil and roast your pepper for 10-15 minutes (or until browned). Once it is done remove the stem and chop it up (if you do not like your salsa too spicy you can scrape out the seeds before you chop it). 
 
While your waiting for your pepper to cook you can chop up your cilantro and tomatoes.
 
Put all your chopped ingredients along with the garlic salt in the blender. Blend until there are no more big chunks left. It doesn't take very long and be careful not to blend it too much because you will make pure liquid!

 
Ok that is it, now just grab a bag of chips and enjoy! I do not have a picture of the finished product... we may have eaten it all before I realized I didn't take a picture. This salsa is seriously so delicious and super easy! Every single person that has tried it has asked for the recipe... so your welcome :)

1 comment: